Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Makes one 20cm pizza or 4 individual
For the base
- 250g Gilchesters Pizza organic strong white flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 75g low-fat margarine
- 150ml semi-skimmed milk (you may not need this much)
For the topping
- 150g Granny Secret’s Ayvar
- A selection of vegetables (thinly sliced peppers, courgettes, tomatoes, red onions and mushrooms, sweet corn)
- 50g mozzarella
- 50g reduced-fat cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 200oC / Fan 180oC / 400oF / Gas Mark 6.
- Put the flours, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Rub the margarine into the flour mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in enough milk to form soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead it lightly.
- Divide into 4 pieces if making individual pizzas. You can keep the dough frozen and use within a couple of weeks.
- Roll out to a thickness of 1.0cm and place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Spread the passata over the pizza and top with vegetables and grated cheese.
- Use seasonal vegetables for maximum nutritional benefits
- Bake in the oven for 15 – 20minutes until golden brown.