Good Business Charter Accreditation
Greenwich Pantry are proud to be accredited by the Good Business Charter. The GBC consists of 10 components and more details for each of these components can be found on their
1. We are a Living Wage Employer who pays directly employed staff and regular contracted staff the regular living wage
2. We commit to a fair approach to zero or minimal hours contract including giving at least two weeks’ notice for scheduling shifts and still paying shifts cancelled at less than two weeks’notice. We commit to give proper consideration to providing contracts with guaranteed hours. Both of the above necessary unless requested otherwise by the employee of their own free will.
3. We will have clear, fair and transparent policies that support and encourage employee well-being and ban unreasonable penalties for legitimate sickness.
4. We will engage with worker representatives and ensure there is a voice that represents employees around the boardroom table.
5. We will commit time and money to creating an inclusive workplace and we will monitor the diversity of our workforce.
6. We care about the environment and have an environmental policy which demonstrates the ways in which we are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance.
7. We recognise our commitment to our stakeholders. We publish this commitment on our website and gather and monitor stakeholder feedback, reporting to the board and addressing concerns.
8. We commit to the standards set out in the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code where relevant to our organisation.
9. We will become signatories of the government’s Prompt Payment Code in the next three months. To find out more, get in touch with our team.